Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I Can Stop Watching TV Whenever I Want...


My name is Keri and I am addict. In fact, I have a complex rule book that dictates what I am compelled to watch on television. You know, because I might miss something. Really, it’s out of my hands.

Last night marked the official start to my fall TV season. (Remember when we used to have only the fall TV season? Before people just premiered TV shows all willy-nilly on billions of channels so that you were forced to watch TV YEAR ROUND?)  Here’s a list of my must-see fall and midseason premiers, with a few helpful links if you're feeling clippy.

Ringer -- CW 
Why do I care? Buffy, Buffy, Buffy.

The New Girl – FOX
Why do I care? I still find Zoey Deschanel winsome. Sue me. And I like the word “winsome.”

Person of Interest – CBS

Pan Am – ABC
Why do I care? I don’t. But the S/O was born in the wrong era and thinks everything should be a variation of Mad Men.

Terra Nova – FOX
Why do I care? Dinosaurs! Portals! Dinosaurs!

Suburgatory – FOX
Why do I care? Alan Tudyk and Cheryl Hines.

How to Be A Gentleman – CBS
Why do I care? Dave Foley. (I have it on good account that this is supposed to be godawful. But still. Dave Foley.)

American Horror Story – FX

Man Up - ABC

Grimm – NBC
Why do I care? Homicide detective fighting sinister storybook creatures. (Bonus: Silas Weir Mitchell, which causes this to fall under the Prison Break Clause in my rule book. Besides Silas Weir Mitchell’s Wikipedia description? “Silas Weir Mitchell is an American character actor known for playing disturbing or unstable characters.” Someday when I have a Wikipedia page, I would  like the words “disturbing” and “unstable” to appear liberally.)

I Hate My Teenage Daughter – FOX
Why do I care? Katie Finneran. Which causes this to fall under the Tim Minear Clause in the rule book. See Wonderfalls and The Inside.

Bedlam – BBC America

The River – ABC Midseason
Why do I care? Shows promise. Plus Paul Blackthorne.

Alcatraz – FOX Midseason
Why do I care? The clips look awesome.  Plus Jorge Garcia and Robert Forster. Plus Bad Robot. This is the show I'm looking the most forward too.

The Finder – Fox Midseason
Why do I care? The spin-off setup episode on Bones was cool. Plus Michael Clarke Duncan.

The Fades – BBC America


1 comment:

  1. I currently have only one television compulsion, but IT'S TWO DAYS TO PONY DAY PONY PONY PONY PONY SECOND SEASON PREMIERE PONY PONY.

    ReplyDelete