Friday, February 18, 2011

Somewhere Somebody's Doing Something: New Horror Series?

According to a headline in my RSS feed yesterday, "Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk Return to FX with Series Pilot 'American Horror Story.'"

Sounds interesting, so I read the attached story and find out nothing, save for the fact that Murphy and Falchuk (Nip/Tuck, Glee) are doing a pilot for FX called "American Horror Story."

FX president John Landgraf sounds extremely enthusiastic about the project, calling it a “wildly brilliant original series.” Given how creative (and oftentimes dark) FX’s original series’ are, I doubt he’s exaggerating all that much. Details are vague on the project other than that, “it’s a horror show with ‘subversive sensibilities.’”
I'm always a bit suspicious when there are no details. Usually that means either someone's trying to create a buzz by keeping things "mysterious" (which generally annoys me no end) or the details sound so ludicrous that no one wants to say them aloud. With the poor track record of horror on television, I automatically fear that it's the second one.

I guess we'll have to wait and see...

No comments:

Post a Comment